Archives Culture First International Txalaparta Encounter in London May 2011
We are pleased to announce an all-day-long event our txalaparta tutors have organised, along with several other txalapartariak and artists, for early May. This promises to be a very interesting and entertaining event, with a wide assortment of activities throughout the day. We enclose the program right below. For any queries regarding this event, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Place: Oxford House/Weavers Fields, Derbyshire St, E2 6HG (by Bethnal Green)
Date: 7 May 2011, Saturday
- 12 am Free performances played on the Weavers Fields in a cheerful and laid-back atmosphere by amateurs, acclaimed performers of txalaparta and whoever wants to have a go at it.
- 2 pm Popular lunch in the Oxford House (£ 10 fee).
- 4 pm Popular and Basque traditional songs accompanied by three hole flute and guitar.
- 5 pm Kirikoketa exhibition featured by the group JO ALA JO. (Kirikoketa is a work related percussion instrument akin to txalaparta).
- 5.30 pm HUTSUN's txalaparta performance.
- 6 pm Music blend of txalaparta and accordion, violin and flute played by talented folk musicians.
Red sausage snacks and cider will be handed out all along both on the park and in Oxford House. Can't miss out on this, join us!