Archives Culture When routes become roots: Oral History Project
Are you or do you consider to be Basque in any form of shape? Do you live / have you lived in London or any other place in the British Islands?. Would you be willing to share your personal life experiences and / or memories with us?
We are looking for Basque people of all ages and backgrounds in London and the British Islands who would be willing to have their memories and experiences recorded for an Oral History Project. If you are interested or know someone who might be we would like to hear from you.
We are currently recording the life stories of Basque people for an Oral History Project. The interviews are informal, loosely structured and conducted in people's homes unless preferred otherwise.
If you would like to become involved in this project or can lend photographs, films or related documents for copying we would like to hear from you. The material gathered will become part of the Basque Oral History Archive and the recorded interviews will form a lasting legacy of the Basque presence in London and the British Islands.
- To value the influence of Diaspora on the Basque country
- To collect information on the contribution of Basque people to the history of the nations of Britain
- To make every effort to recover any related textual, graphic and audio documents for conservation and dissemination.
- To develop programmes focusing on the collection of a variety of documentary sources (records, publications, photographs, etc)
- To compile oral and written documentary sources (records, publications, magazines, reports, brochures, circulars, photographs…)
- To collect, categorize, conserve and make available for academic research the oral testimonies of Basque exiles, emigrants, travellers…
To take part in this project your informed consent is required. Further details will be sent to you. Contact us at the office or the project co-ordinator:
Phone: 0151 280 0949
Mobile: 07875 160 404