BaskFest call out for artists
London Basque Diaspora (LBD) presents BaskFest, a festival that celebrates Basque culture across disciplines such as film, music, visual arts, dance, performance, photography and gastronomy. BaskFest is a weekend festival of interdisciplinary artworks, activities and events bringing together Basque artists who work and live in London.
This festival is part of Conversations, an initiative taking place within the Donostia/San Sebastian European Capital of Culture 2016 (DSS2016EU) framework.
BaskFest will take place at HIVE at Dalston, London, on 3-5 June 2016.
LBD is now launching a call for artists to take part in the visual art exhibition of BaskFest. This call is open to emerging and established artists of all ages and practices. There is no theme to the show. The festival curators will select the artists and their artwork.
The selected artworks will be presented within the framework of Donostia/San Sebastian European Capital of Culture 2016 (DSS2016EU). They will be publicised through the festival’s wide media networks in London/UK, Europe. The artworks will be featured on the LBD website and the selected artists will have free entry to the whole festival.
Criteria for submission:
- you must be Basque or have a connection with the Basque culture
- you must live or work in London.
- you need to be in London on June 1 to deliver your artwork and on June 6 to pick it up at the end of the festival.
- 1-5 images of your work (one piece or more) that is ready to hang, install or perform. (Maximum total file size 10MB)
- A short statement about your connection with the Basque culture (200 words max).
- Specific measurements and a clear description of your submitted work(s) (100 words each max).
- CV and a short bio (50 words max).
- For performance and time based media please send images or a short clip (max 1 minute) and a clear explanation of the work (max 100 words).
Baskfest will hire a professional art handler to install the show, however, it is the artists’ responsibility to deliver and pick up the work to/from the venue; to wrap and mark it appropriately to facilitate handling and to insure the work (if necessary).
Send your submission by 5pm on 15 April 2016 to: email@example.com
Selected artists will be contacted by April 29.